Many people believe that gifting cards is not personal and lacks thoughtfulness. I think otherwise. Gift cards are a great way to spread the cheer in a way that the hard to please recipient can truly enjoy. Teens and teachers can do wonders with gift cards and meanwhile, you can exercise your creative muscles by making the presentation festive and personal. I made these for my son's teacher's this year using the cricut machine.
They are actually pretty easy to make with scissors:
1. Simply cut a 8"x 6" rectangle out of a page of two sided scrapbook paper.
2. Trim one end with scalloped scissors.
3. Fold it in almost half leaving a bit of the scallop showing.
4. Cut a semi-circle and inside slits for the card.
5. Attach a tag with the handwritten initial of the recipient's name with some baker's twine.
Voila! A beautiful gift wrapped, personalized gift card for a loved one. The dimensions I gave you will fit any of the Target cards and their holders.