Friday, April 9, 2010

Awards, AWARDS! I love these things!

Blogland has been sooooo generous to me!  I started blogging just a few weeks ago, and yet I have forged friendships that I hope will last a lifetime.  Several of these very giving folks have freely shared their time in order to explain, educate, and enlighten me and my readers.  Many have encouraged, motivated and shared their talents with me. Last week three of these lovely ladies bestowed upon me great honors...  I have shared with you my Preppy Mafia crown gift from darling Housewife Bliss.  Today I would love to acknowledge and thank two other fabulously giving bloggers:

Thank you so much Christina from Greige, who has awarded me with the Beautiful Blogger award. Christina writes a very celebrated blog and runs several business, one of them is My Sparrow, an online shop that I'd love for you all to visit. I am specially enamored with her table and glass ware selections. 

 In order to accept this award, I must share 7 things about me.  So here we go:
  1. I love to eat food with my hands... lobster, crabs, pizza, pomegranates... it is a fun experience when I allow myself to be messy, which is unlike my nature. I have been working on being messier in other facets of my life.  My son is making the learning curve disappear pretty quickly.
  2. I love the color blue.
  3. I love nature: gardening,the beach, snow covered mountains, the sound of falling leaves.
  4. I love video games, specially the adventure ones like King's Quest or any of the Laura Croft versions.
  5. I love British Literature.  The Lady of The Lake is one of my favorites.
  6. I wake up in the middle of the night to listen to George Noory on Coast to Coast.
  7. I worked for Enron, became an American citizen, got married, moved to New Jersey then Europe back to Jersey and then Knoxville TN, and witnessed 9/11 from my window all in the same year.
I would like to pass on this award to these other lovely bloggers:


"This award means you're really going places, Baby. You'll still be blogging about your great adventures 10 years from now, and I'll still be reading them."

 To add icing to my already delicious cake, the vibrant, sweet and artistically talented Hope Chella has sent my way her love with the You Are Going Places award. I think that I might still be sharing my experiences in 10 years, but hopefully in a different kind of medium.  Blogging may just be passe by then?...  We all must evolve.

 Thank You Hope for choosing me.  And now I am passing on the You Are Going Places award to:
Have a fun weekend you all!

15 comments:

Allie and Pattie said...

Oh my goodness! Your life sounds as harried as mine! Isn't it wonderful?!
xoxo Pattie

carissa said...

thank you so much!!! i'm glad that you think i'm going places - that gives me hope! ; ) ha ha, just kidding! congrats on your awardies! you are most definitely a beautiful blogger and are certainly on your way! wow-what a year you had - witnessing 9/11 alone would be enough for one year, but all the other stuff?! mmm... lobster and pizza... sounds delish! happy friday!

Herself said...

You always were the popular girl, weren't you?? :)

Raina Cox said...

Thanks so much for thinking I'll still have something worthwhile to say in 2020 (yikes!).

Your awards are much deserved!

OneCraftyFox said...

Congrats on the awards, have a fabulous weekend :)

Splenderosa said...

Catherine, so happy for your awards. If I had one to give I would give it to you as well. Going to visit each link you posted. Have a wonderful weekend.
xx's Marsha

The Buzz Blog said...

How fun to learn more about you! And thank you for the award - we're honered!

Silvia C said...

Well deserved awards, Catherine. Your blog is lovely. I never heard about The Lady of the Lake. I might need to read that one (love to read!). It's fun to know about you. Take care, doll.

The Shiny Pebble said...

Pattie - I am not hating it. :)

Carissa - you are so cute!

Herself - I am thankful that in Brazil we didn't have popularity contests in school... it was all about the grades. But thank you for thinking of me as popular. Kisses!

Raina - your wisdom bucket is bottomless and your wit is boundless. People NEED to hear what you have to say :)

OneCraftyFox - thank you, dear.

Splenderosa - thank you... just keep writing your lovely posts... that is all the award I need.

The Buzz - you do have a gorgeous and unique blog. I love it that they are all so original.

Casa Bella - that is a poem written by Sir Walter Scott. It has several references to neoplatonism and you can make lots of inferences about the lake and life. It is beautiful and insightful. Do read it.

Unknown said...

OH, congratulations on your Award! It is well deserved many times over!My heart skiped a bit when I read #7 on the list of the things about you...
THANK YOU so very much for giving me an Award. I will display it proudly in my Blog.:-) What a wonderful surprise just in time on Saturday Morning. :-)
Thank you so very much for your kind and wonderful wishes on the opening of my Atelier. :-) I promise to make a post with lots of pictures about it very soon.Wishing you wonderful, sunny and happy weekend!:-)

Unknown said...

Wow sounds like you had an incredibly busy, exciting and traumatic year! Moving to Europe and then back to Jersey, that takes super powers!

Mary Ann said...

congratulations! i told you, more awards are coming...have a great weekend! btw, is pappasitos still popular in texas? maryann

Punctuation Mark said...

congrats on the award... you deserve it... have a fun sunday!

Coryanne Ettiene | Kitchen Living with Coryanne said...

congrats to you on your lovely awards, you are on a roll my darling! Some of these blogs are new to me, off to say a big hello.

Pauline Wiles said...

Congrats on your awards, and for sharing those things about you. Your experiences of 2001 are quite incredible...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails