Friday, May 14, 2010

My Tuesday Morning Finds of the Week

a

Over the weekend I had family over and found myself with not enough matching drinking glasses for everyone.  I hate when that happens!  In the past couple of years all of my once extensive glass collection has dwindled down to a hodgepodge of threes and fives… mainly because my husband has taken on most of the dishwashing duties since the G-Man was born.

So I hurried thru Tuesday Morning yesterday, with the toddler in tow, and found some of these La Rochere glasses that I have entered pretty much every CSN sponsored giveaway in blogtown in the hopes that I’d win.  What a deal you guys!
b
La Rochere is the oldest glass company in France, founded 17 years before Columbus set foot in the Americas!  The French bee design is inspired by Napoleon’s official travel set, which is displayed in a Museum somewhere in France.

I found these beauties for $59.99 for a set of 12 (6 tall and 6 short) tumblers.  You will find a set of 6 of the smaller ones at Amazon for $48.99 or at Ballard Designs a set of 4 of  the larger ones  for $45.00.  Needless to say I bought the two sets they had available.

In the 15 minutes I spent in the store, I snapped a couple of pictures of other great finds…

c
These are Juliska look alike, but they “feel” just like the Juliska hand-blown glass.  I have a feeling they were from the same manufacturer, but sold here under a different label since the price is just ridiculously low.  $9.99 per glass, versus $45 per glass at the Juliska distributors.

for averill
They had 4 of these huge Oscar de La Renta lamps for $90 bucks each.  I though of Averill from Odi et Amo and her search for a blue and white lamp.

for Beth
The coloring in this picture does not do justice to these fab Foo Dogs.  Beth from Chinoiserie Chic would approve.

for kellie
I am sure that Kellie from Ada and Darcy would do something fabulous with these outside cushions.

for yvonne
My dear Yvonne from Stone Gable would do a fabulous tablescape vignette with these.

form me 
This one is for me, when the budget allows…

on clearance
$200 on clearance!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

linking to :  Finding Friday

18 comments:

Averill said...

OK so I seriously need to get to Tuesday Morning. LOVE the blue & white lamp of course. Which one did you go to? The one on Murphy Road or the one off Williams Trace near 59?

Kathysue said...

Oooh!! what great finds, I am going to go there to look for some new sheets, you have prompted me to head over there today!! Thanks for the heads-up!! Kathysue

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

You are so lucky to have found the beautiful BEE glasses at Tuesday Morning! I have had mine for years and LOVE them...who can resist the little bee on the side of the glass! I love all of the other goodies you found! That one set really does resemble the Juliska glassware. I have the dishes and just started on the glassware. Love it too!

Have a wonderful day!
Cathy

Tonia Lee Smith said...

I love go window shop at Tuesday morning.....great finds.

Sandra said...

I'm on my way to Tuesday Morning!

Blondie's Journal said...

I am always low on glasses and have to do a complete replacement every now and then. I love the Bee glasses and am glad you compared the prices. Maybe I will order some. Love Tuesday Mornings!!

xoxo
Jane

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That's funny ~ $200.00 on clearance! It's a beautiful soup tureen and I've got my heart set on getting one in time for fall. I'd be happy with the white ones everyone seems to find while thrifting.

Unknown said...

No Tuesday Mornings is these parts, after seeing this, really wish there was!

Allie and Pattie said...

OMG! That is one of my favorite stores! WAY better than HG for me- and that tureen is calling me
xoxo Pattie

claudia b said...

oh my goodness, I love everything fleur-de-lis and bees, and that soup tureen??? that is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Yummy finds! I wish we had that store near us-I would be there all the time (can't resist a good buy!)

Ann said...

Boy, that is a good Tuesday Morning! Hope mine has even half of what you saw.
Thanks for the heads up.

-Ann

Unknown said...

Wow how great! Our TM sucks compared to yours!

OneCraftyFox said...

Such great finds, love all that glassware!

Have a fantastic weekend, Catherine ")

Mary Ann said...

hi catherine! those are great finds and hard to resist...have a great weekend..verbena cottage

Charlotta Ward said...

Wonderful find! Love the glasses and am a huge admirer of Napoleon. So much that I wrote a whole essay about him at uni. The bee is his personal symbol and there was a time in life I was obsessed by 'bee clad' items.

Lovely, may I just say that your new profile picture is amazing. You look so young and fresh!
Not that your other picture was anything but that. You are so beautiful!

Happy weekend and thanks for the email.

xx C

Anonymous said...

Great finds! I love Tuesday Morning...I could browse for hours!
I've had my eye on the same toile
soup tureens and bowls...I think the teapot was over $250 at one time.
I'll see if it's on clearance too!
The french glasses are beautiful!
Also, mix and match your glasses - different patterns and colors make a tablescape more interesting!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

The glasses are simply fabulous - what a great find. I enjoyed reading your post and seeing all the goodies! Thanks for sharing! I really like your new glasses! ~ Stephanie Lynn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails