Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sunbrella, but Better - EDITED


I don't usually present information found in other blogs as I try to be original in my posting and it also avoids the train wreck of using other people's material without proper credit, BUT, I had to share this little bit of news I learned about today from Maddie G Designs.  Quadrille Fabrics and Wallpapers has a new line of Sunbrella (read my outside dilemma here) fabrics showcasing the designs of China Seas and Alan Campbell.  Here is the real awesomeness:  Most China Seas, Alan Campbell and Quadrille prints can be custom printed on Sunbrella ground!  If you are not a designer, you may order your fabric through Maddie G Designs.  I think I'd be happy with any of these...

Linking to Mosaic Monday

Please Read from the Sunbrella folks:
"Quadrille has outstanding print designs. However, while we have not tested Quadrille’s prints, we have never found a print ink with UV durability anywhere close to that of Sunbrella fabric. For that reason, treatments to Sunbrella fabrics such as printing voids the Sunbrella warranty.
If you recommend these fabrics to your clients, we strongly suggest following care guidelines for prints, not Sunbrella, in order to maximize useful life. This would include storing or covering when not in use, and using print-friendly cleaning methods. Sunbrella fabrics may be safely cleaned with strong agents such as bleach or acetone that will damage print patterns.
We love Quadrille’s style and designs. We simply wanted to address any potential disappointment in the durability of prints vs Sunbrella.
Thanks!
Hal Hunnicutt
VP Marketing
Glen Raven Custom Fabrics, LLC"

Don't forget, tomorrow is Beth Connolly's turn to present us her Chinoiserie Chic version of my dining room.  You will not want to miss it!

17 comments:

Karena said...

Catherine, great fabric designs, I love the trellis in orange.

Karena
Art by Karena

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

These are gorgeous...who knew?

Enjoy!
Cathy

Kathysue said...

Wow!! Great information!! I am going to have to check this out. I love Beth's designs I will be back for sure, Kathysue
PS thank you for all your sweet and thoughtful comments you leave on my blog, I really look forward to seeing your name there, Kathysue

Unknown said...

I am in the market for outside throw pillows...so this is very, very good news! Thanks!!!

Allie and Pattie said...

Catherine, I LOVE these! Thanks for the source
xoxo Pattie

nelya said...

These are gorgeous! That is a fantastic source. Thanks for sharing the link, Catherine.

I'm excited to see the newest incarnation of your dining room tomorrow!

Mary Ann said...

these are great selections...now that i am thinking of learning to sew pillows (hmmm, will try hard), this will be a great one to start. my dilemma would be, which one? they are all beautiful. thanks for sharing this post. can't wait for your wednesday post...verbena cottage

Blondie's Journal said...

Lovely fabric choices!

xoxo
Jane

Unknown said...

Yup I could use any one of those! Just fab, will have to look into this!

Mary said...

*swoon* Oh, this is giving me some wonderful ideas... lol Thanks so much for sharing at MM. :)

a said...

Quadrille has outstanding print designs. However, while we have not tested Quadrille’s prints, we have never found a print ink with UV durability anywhere close to that of Sunbrella fabric. For that reason, treatments to Sunbrella fabrics such as printing voids the Sunbrella warranty.

If you recommend these fabrics to your clients, we strongly suggest following care guidelines for prints, not Sunbrella, in order to maximize useful life. This would include storing or covering when not in use, and using print-friendly cleaning methods. Sunbrella fabrics may be safely cleaned with strong agents such as bleach or acetone that will damage print patterns.

We love Quadrille’s style and designs. We simply wanted to address any potential disappointment in the durability of prints vs Sunbrella.

Thanks!

Hal Hunnicutt
VP Marketing
Glen Raven Custom Fabrics, LLC

Coryanne Ettiene | Kitchen Living with Coryanne said...

am loving these prints, tried to choose one, but found that there are at least 3 that I would love to have.

OneCraftyFox said...

Such lovely patterns and palettes! I think I would be happy with any one of these, especially the orange color combos.

Thanks so much for your lovely comments :) You always make me smile!

Jen said...

Great, now more great patterns that I need to buy!! ;-)

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

great patterns!!
btw, your comment today really made me laugh, who can wear head to toes all Burberry? no, really!!

HAMPTON HOSTESS said...

Great information-how did I miss this? So perfect for the outdoors and opens up so many new fabrics to use-yeah!

Averill said...

Amanda Nisbet used sunbrella quadrille fabric for a porch she designed for a showhouse a few years ago. It was truly awesome:

http://odietamoblog.blogspot.com/2009/06/amanda-nisbets-back-porch.html

And I would LOVE to have similar curtains on my upstairs' porch to give a bit more privacy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails