My brilliant niece, a young lawyer who lives in Brazil and has a fabulous sense of style and a penchant for everything ‘maquillage’ has come up with her top 5 essential make up products in order to achieve a flawless and sophisticated look.
- Face Primer by Make Up Forever ($32) – This lightweight, oil free concoction enhances the texture of the skin, leaving it feeling smooth and soft. It can be used by itself or before applying foundation, concealer or powder.
2. Concealer pallete by Make Up Forever ($36) – “ I’m desperate to get this palette!”
- Green concealer is a good tool to hide any red blemishes, specially acne marks.
- Yellow concealer is a great ally to combat any dark circles under the eyes.
- Mauve concealer is perfect to hide those little broken capillaries around the nose.
- Apply your skin tone concealer or your foundation on top of the colored concealer to blend in the color
3. Dior’s Airflash foundation ($60) – A mist foundation that delivers an ‘airbrushed’ effect. This foundation leaves a polished look. Perfect for weddings.
4. Chanel’s Particuliére, Tendresse and Inattendu nail polish ($25)– (these are fabulous shades, and you all have seen the particuliere all over blogland I am sure)
5. Givenchy’s Phenomen’Eyes Mascara ($29)– one of the best mascaras ever once you get used to it. Works really well even without using the Curvex aplicator. Believe me – it really works!
I am loving these products and am totally digging the mist foundation. It sounds divine. Have you all tried any of these products? If so, I would love to hear some feedback on them.