Saturday, June 5, 2010

Father’s Day Gift Ideas

Father's Day is coming up (June 20th here in the US, Canada and UK) and I have been doing some soul searching on what to get my dear husband . I must admit a twinge of jealousy as I leaf thru magazines and click thru some fancy sites and recall that the past few weeks he's been wining and dining all over the world while I've spent a good part of my days picking up after the four poopy machines I have roaming around the house. So in typical Calgon take me away fashion I have come up with a few gift ideas for us him.

I have organized them by price points- least to most expensive.  Click on the pictures and it will take you directly to some really cool sources.

For Him:   Fishing License (cost:  less than $50 bucks)
For Me:  License to re-Finish that expensive piece of furniture he won't let me 'destroy' (cost:  free)
 



For Him:  Magazine Subscriptions (cost:  about $100 for three)
For Me:  European /Australian ones for me (cost:  considerably more)
 OR
For Him:  Travel Tote (cost: $385)
For Me:  Tool Tote – so  I don’t have to look at that mess in the garage! (cost: $155, hey you’d still come up ahead)
travel bag  OR artifactbags tool tote


For Him:  Travel Wallet in Croc (cost: $565)
For Me:  Travel Clutch in Cerulean (cost: $675)
his travel OR  cerulean wallet

For Him:  Set up a Bar (cost: about $1000)
For You: Set up a Bar (cost: a little more)
Ralph_Lauren_Home_Bar_Top_2  OR bar


For Him: 3-D TV get him ready for the new technology available later this year (cost: it won’t be pretty)
For Me:  Iron Man in 3D (Robert Downing Jr., need I say more?)
3dORiron man

For Him:  2010 Ryder Cup Experience (cost:  $8,600 per person)
For Me:  Esperanza Spa Experience (cost:  how can one put a price on happiness?)
ryder-cup-golf OR Esp_0408


For Him:  Safari via Abercrombie & Kent (cost:  If you have to ask, you can’t afford it.  I had to ask!)
For Me: Shopping Trip through the Antique Markets of Isle sur la Sorgue (cost: the sky is the limit, so who is keeping tabs?)
Africa_1 OR french_antiques_3

Poof! Time for me to wake up and clean up some poop!  Maybe I will give him what he really needs: a comfy clean bed and quiet room with lots of time to rest and recoup from his mad crazy schedule and different time zones.

I am always open for suggestions…
~~~
WP-1005465
Now, on a different topic all together.  Mark your calendars for Wednesday, June 16.  To celebrate the Finale of the Designer Challenge I will be hosting a very stylish party.  Everyone is invited.  Designers and friends will be linking in with their ideas and suggestions on how to throw a smashing soiree… from what to wear to what to serve to what to bring your hostess.  It should be lots of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to Splendid Willow for letting me use her beautiful blue chest on this post!

22 comments:

Allie and Pattie said...

Oh I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this post!!! And your choices! Be still my heart- I WANT that tub!
xoxo Pattie

A Perfect Gray said...

wonderful piece, here, babe. I like the way you think!

Splendid Willow said...

You have great style & taste Ms. C! (How on earth did my little chest project make it to the list? I am blushing!!)

You just helped me solve my father's day gift dilemma! No safari here (: but a Fishing license (of course!) and a subscription to a couple of magazines. And not a wallet this time, but an elegant key holder.
Yeah - I am done shopping! Thank you!

Happy weekend!

oxox, Mon

Unknown said...

I thought that was Monika's chest! Very cute post C.!

Karena said...

Catherine, what a great array of ideas for the men!

Karena
Art by Karena

Nesty Girl said...

Wonderful post! And I agree, that tub looks like a (not so) little piece of heaven!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful ideas - now what we all need (men and women) is a SUGAR DADDY...

Ann said...

You are too funny! And fun!

Splenderosa said...

C, you scared me for a moment with that title...I was worried it would be serious !! LOL This is THE best list I've ever seen. Now I know the finale party will be spectacular. Can't wait. xx's

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

Great post. My husband travels all the time too....so I can relate to this post :)

I think mine is getting a Weber smoker for Father's Day. A couple of years ago I had the gas line run to a new grill for him...that was a big hit.

Jodi Kendall said...

the fishing license is genius. I've never thought of something like that before for a gift!

Cashon&Co said...

i can't even believe father's day is just around the corner! thanks for the reminder and the suggestions!

Cashon&Co said...

i can't even believe father's day is just around the corner! thanks for the reminder and the suggestions!

Mary Ann said...

great ideas! have a great weekend...verbena cottage

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

How wonderful! I like the one for you...one for me approach;)!

Happy Sunday!
Cathy

Herself said...

C! Great ideas and I do so love that blue chest. :) It's good to be back after a lengthy trip and I am already planning my outfit for the party on the 16th! Can't wait! XXX C

Pemberley said...

Hmmmm I definitely relate to your gift ideas more so than his. I think the best Father’s Day gift is time with the kids - he wouldn't be a father without them (wink wink).

Leigha said...

Since I am certain I cannot afford the entire African Safari, can I just buy a day in that bathroom for myself?!?

Unknown said...

I love this post! So cute and clever--please let me know when you are hitting the spa vacation--I am so ready for a little TLC! Have a lovely day!

Delishhh said...

Nice selection. I am posting tomorrow my Father's Day ideas but they are all related to Food/Kitchen.

Averill said...

Father's Day is so tough. My dad is impossible to shop for -- I think this year I'll be going with my old standby of a nice bottle of wine and a bag of good pistachios!

Delishhh said...

I just posted my ideas if you want to take a look. They are all related to Food/Kitchen!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails