Monday, June 28, 2010

My New House Plant


BEFORE

Do you all remember this corner of my living room mentioned earlier this year on this post?  Pretty desolate, I know.  Well, a few weeks back I found just the plant to grace this spot.  Unfortunately this poor giant Bird of Paradise was looking like it came straight from Hades.  So I waited until it leafed out a little and here it is.  Still not perfect but getting there.


AFTER

I find it amazing what a difference in the warmth value of the room a little house plant will make.  This spot is H.O.T. -- in a good way!  Now hop on over to the ubber cool blog Chic Modern Vintage to read my guest post on House Plant Containers and Decorating Styles.

Linking to Metamorphosis Monday

14 comments:

The Shiny Pebble said...

Message:
Hi Catherine! Blogger is being finicky and won't let me comment :( So I'm here to say the plant is perfect! I have a spot in my bedroom that I've been "plant searching" for- might have to wait now till we see where we end up! :)
xoxo Pattie

A Perfect Gray said...

looks great!

OneCraftyFox said...

It looks beautiful, just wait until it fills out!! I love plants in the house, I fill my front window with orchids :)

lisaroy said...

It really fills in that spot nicely! : )

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Your plant looks great! I have a palm tree I love which has developed spider mites and I'm trying to save it. Thankfully none of my other plants have got infected, so I'm hoping I caught it in time. Your plant will look awesome once it's all filled in and fluffed up!

Pemberley said...

Looks great and I think the pot and the plant compliment the decor. Go over to Chic Modern Vintage now...

Pattycake Manners said...

Lovely! Just the thing for that spot!

Averill said...

Love it. Has a very British Colonial vibe that I so adore (especially in this heat!). Hope your weekend was great Catherine!

Decor To Adore said...

What a great plant! A bit of green is always good. Now I'll go read your guest post. :)

Marija said...

What a difference! I love this plant. I go back and forth with putting something like that on our porch - yours is beautiful!

Karen said...

I love large plants in rooms, it's always nice to have something living in your space. I once saw a room with large plants flanking both sides of the opening to the room. I loved that look.

Coryanne Ettiene | Kitchen Living with Coryanne said...

Love it, it is perfect for the room. I played along with MM this week too, finally, after all this time.

Welcome said...

Yes, I agree - it really does fit the spot you have it in nicely... When it fills out, it should great!! thanks for stopping by my blog...you're the best!!

XOXO
Kiki

Welcome said...

I agree - it does fit great in the area you placed it in and when it fills out, it should look amazing..Thanks for stopping by my blog..

XOXO
Kiki

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails