Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Newest Kid in Town

"Just make yourself at home! If the sheets on the bed aren’t gray enough there are grayer ones in the drawer. And we just got the latest issue of Wallpaper magazine!" (via Catalogue Living)

A dear friend and reader just sent me an email about this site (blog).  It is hilarious, unique and original.  I think they are brand new (only 22 posts - all of which in June).  The writer, with the aid of a catalogue image and a few poignant lines seems to take a stab at catalog styling and consequently a nudge at the design blogs. The format is simple and brilliant:  a little skit about a couple, Gary and Elaine, and their everyday dialogue about what is going on in their world.  The whole thing is funny and pretty harmless, unlike some of the anonymous snark we are all aware of.  I think I'm a big fan already!

Go check them out:  Catalogue Living

The writer is also an actress of Sonic Commercial fame.  : D  Those always crack me up!  Her name is Moly Erdman, here is her website.  At the risk of putting myself in her crosshairs, I am going to have to give her my Favorite New Blog Award.  And mind you, those don't go out very often.


13 comments:

Welcome said...

Funny - i actually found this site last week, and was rolling on the floor - especailly about the one with the tree coming inside the house..

XOXO
kiki

Kelly Frances Dunn said...

Can't live without a good sense of humor! Laughter is what gives you those beautiful lines around our eyes and mouths at the end of a well lived life :)

Sandra said...

Will never look at a catalog the same way!

Kelly Frances Dunn said...

OK, I never tear up from laughing, but I was full out crying from the catalogue blog! That really did it for me, so thanks for spreading the good news :)

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

I will go check it out! Thanks for the info!

Thanks so much for stopping by earlier and your sweet comments...I soooo appreciate them!

Enjoy!
Cathy

Averill said...

Found her blog through EofS earlier this week and I agree: it's a riot. Definitely will have me paying more attention to catalogue styling!

The Buzz Blog said...

So funny - just spent the last 20 minutes reading all the posts but what's with not being able to comment? Only reposting... maybe a tumbler thing??

myletterstoemily said...

sounds like lots of fun. will check
it out!

Blondie's Journal said...

I'm off to check out the blog. It sounds so funny!

xoxo
Jane

JDB said...

I am literally laughing so hard I can hardly type this. That is my kind of blog! Snarky fun, not snarky mean.

Thanks so much for sharing. My sides hurt from laughter!

Robyn said...

This is the classic "you can't take things too seriously." Love it!

Anonymous said...

I love anyone with a wicked-fun sense of humor!! Thanks for the lead!
XO!

Housewife Bliss said...

how could you not love that new blog, just had a peak and stayed longer than I should == great find Catherine.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails