If you haven't heard it yet, some fabulous friends and I are throwing a very stylish soiree this Wednesday, June 16th to celebrate the Finale of our Designer Challenge. All sorts of fun things are planned out for the event. Atendees will be revealing what they will be wearing, drinking , eating, what music will be played and what our surroundings will look like. It will be so much fun to see what everyone comes up with!
I figured some of you may not know what a link party is or how it works, so here is a very quick run down on the kind of link party this one is. A link party is when several bloggers write about one specific post, usually on the same day. In order to easily access all of the info in one neat package, each blogger will go to one place (in this case here at The Shiny Pebble on Wednesday June 16th) and put a link to their post in my blog, under the post that I write. For an example of a very successful link party, stop by Between Naps on The Porch and look at their Metamorphosis Monday and Tablescape Thursday posts. If you are new to blogging, this is a great way to build up your readership.
So, there are several ways to accomplish this, but here is how I am setting up this party. Follow the steps below:
- Write a post that is party related. Please add a link on your post to my blog so others can learn about the party (Thanks Struggler!)
- Come to my blog on Wednesday after 12:01AM Central Time and scroll down to the bottom of my post (You might want the read the post so you don't miss out on anything fun!)
- At the bottom of the post you will find a link gadget called Mr. Linky.
- Click on it and follow directions. They are pretty self evident. You will need your URL, which is the line that starts with http:// in the address bar of your post. It will tell Mr. Linky where to go fetch your article.
- Go look at the other bloggers posts linked up to the party and be inspired.
Also, if you are stuck and can't get it to work on Wednesday, just shoot me an email at email@example.com and I will try to do it for you.
I would love to thank some very generous friends: Marsha from Splenderosa, Mary Ann from Verbena Cottage and Yvonne from Stone Gable . These fantastic ladies are helping spread the word of this fun event. I love you all! Please, go pay them a visit. All three have absolutely gorgeous and creative blogs!