Friday, June 11, 2010

You Are Invited to The Designer Challenge Finale Link Party




Hello friends,

If you haven't heard it yet, some fabulous friends and I are throwing a very stylish soiree this Wednesday, June 16th to celebrate the Finale of our Designer Challenge.  All sorts of fun things are planned out for the event.  Atendees will be revealing what they will be wearing, drinking , eating, what music will be played and what our surroundings will look like.  It will be so much fun to see what everyone comes up with!

I figured some of you may not know what a link party is or how it works, so here is a very quick run down on the kind of link party this one is.  A link party is when several bloggers write about one specific post, usually on the same day. In order to easily access all of the info in one neat package, each blogger will go to one place (in this case here at The Shiny Pebble on Wednesday June 16th) and put a link to their post in my blog, under the post that I write.  For an example of a very successful link party, stop by Between Naps on The Porch and look at their Metamorphosis Monday and Tablescape Thursday posts.  If you are new to blogging, this is a great way to build up your readership.

So, there are several ways to accomplish this, but here is how I am setting up this party.  Follow the steps below:
  1. Write a post that is party related.  Please add a link on your post to my blog so others can learn about the party (Thanks Struggler!)
  2. Come to my blog on Wednesday after 12:01AM Central Time and scroll down to the bottom of my post (You might want the read the post so you don't miss out on anything fun!)
  3. At the bottom of the post you will find a link gadget called Mr. Linky. 
  4. Click on it and follow directions.  They are pretty self evident.  You will need your URL, which is the line that starts with http:// in the address bar of your post.  It will tell Mr. Linky where to go fetch your article.
  5. Go look at the other bloggers posts linked up to the party and be inspired.
It's that easy.  But just to reinforce the exercize, I am adding the link down below and you can try linking today's post to it to see if it works.  Let's call this a dry run.  I will come over and check your post.  :)

Also, if you are stuck and can't get it to work on Wednesday, just shoot me an email at theshinypebble@gmail.com and I will try to do it for you.

I would love to thank some very generous friends:  Marsha from Splenderosa, Mary Ann from Verbena Cottage and Yvonne from Stone Gable .  These fantastic ladies are helping spread the word of this fun event.  I love you all!  Please, go pay them a visit.  All three have absolutely gorgeous and creative blogs!

19 comments:

Kathysue said...

What a great idea and fun. I have not joined but one party before, this one sounds like lots of fun!! It will be fun to see how others party and entertain. Is the enviroment suppose to be in a resident or can it be at a posh Hotel? hmmmm- this will be interesting, Happy weekend,Kathysue

Raina Cox said...

Fantastic!

I'm going to have to break out a caftan.

Averill said...

I'm looking forward to it!

Splenderosa said...

Catherine, this is going to be so much fun!! I'm already working on my post & will have some fun fantasy friends come along as well.
Fabulous! xx's

Mona Thompson said...

Catherine, I'm working on my post, but I must say I feel a little intimidated. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. I just did a test link to a Before and After post I put up yesterday. Let me know if it worked. thanks. Mona

Unknown said...

Catherine...I am so glad you did a post explaining this, felt like you were speaking to "in the dark" me, as I really didn't understand how this was going to "go down"...the Mr. Linky thingy...aaaahhh, now I get it! Thanks!

Marija said...

So excited about this! Planning on putting together some music for your soiree as promised ... let's see if I can get it together by Wed!! And of course, I'm busy planning an outfit ;)

xo

Pauline Wiles said...

I added a link, for testing purposes. I hope the party is a big success and I plan to be there!
Did you want to specify that people must also link back to The Shiny Pebble in their posting? I think that's usually requested when folks come to a party :)

Splendid Willow said...

Brilliant, Catherine! You rock! It will be so much to see what your friends come up with!!!!

Happy weekend!

ox, Mon

Kirsten Randolph said...

OOh!!Catherine,
I love your fantastic ideal! It's a great way to break-up-the-week a bit! So let's-rock the week-in and-out with a party...I'll be there!!
Love Kirsten

OneCraftyFox said...

Hello darling! Stop by my blog when you have the chance, I have included you in my new Virtual World Tour Series. See, now you have to find out what that is, lol.

Hope you are having a fantastic weekend!

Fer said...

Hello I follow spledorosa and I love her blog so I added a link for testing purpose, I'am not sure if I did what I was suppose too.

I will try...Would you let me know if you have some time to spare?

Fer

Jess said...

I will definitely be linking to your party! It will be a post on my idea of a party as a mom :) More like what we are up to at home (you know, decorating, playing with play dough, etc.) I hope that is okay!

Fer said...

Hi, How do you know portuguese???
That was a big surprise!!!

Thank you, that is so considerate!!!I will try to post a brazilian style party.

Beijinhos

Fer

Paris Pastry said...

Count me in! I'm definitely attending the party! See you on Wednesday.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

I just posted about your wonderful party! May I bring some of my local friends?
You are also "Blog of the Week"
LOve, hugs and blessings,
Yvonne

VM Creation Atelier said...

Hello my dear Friend Catherine!-)*

I would love to place you link about you party with much plesure!!!
I came over by you from amazingly blogland friend and very nice lady,Marsha-Splenderosa:-)*

My sunshine hugs,
***Violetta***

Herself said...

C, Dear,
I'm back, I'm dressed and ready to come on over for the party! Come see.
XX C

Shay Geyer said...

What a fun idea! I'm so bummed I missed it. Let me know when there is another "link party". I'd love to participate. I really enjoy reading your blog! So much great style & resources. Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails