Friday, April 16, 2010

Nabisco's Genius Campaign


I am linking this post to my dear friend's site at Housewife Bliss

This bored housewife (me) was at the grocery store this week joyfully skipping down the isles with my 19 month old and reached over to grab a box of crackers.  A thousand important thoughts were going thru my mind when I reached for that box -- mainly, would I be buying Triscuit or the omnipresent store brand?  Has Triscuit made a reappearance on the shelves? Did my grocery store stop carrying it in order to push their brand on ususpected Triscuit junkies? What the heck is wrong with the Triscuit new box?


Ever since I had read in my trusty "Eat This, Not That" COLLECTION (so gullibly amassed from Amazon's mesmerizing "Customers Who Bought the Item Also Bought" tactics) that Triscuits are the healthiest crackers for you to eat, I have become the cracker's number one fan.  Apparently their handful of ingredients provides the least amount of junk factor AND with half a gram of fiber per cracker to boost. "About as unadulterated as wheat gets without chewing on chaff."

Whaaa? Dill seeds?  Right up my alley.
Back to the what's wrong with the new box question.  As I reached over and picked up the box, which looked completely different from before, I noticed that it FELT different from before too.  As I grabbed it my fingers fell right into a rougher indentation in the back of the box.  So, startled, I quickly turned it around.  To my surprize, these marketing geniuses have attached to the box herb seeds.  I am so impressed and delighted by the whole experience!  I told you I was bored...  So as soon as I got home, I cracked the box open and pulled out the seed card.

the directions told me to soak the cardboard pack in water
after two hours... ta-da... seeds!

I quickly added them to the pot housing my herb collection and am anxiously waiting for them to sprout.  I know when I am moved to do a review of a product, it is often a negative thing.  No, I am not getting paid to endorse Triscuit, but this was just way too cool not to share.

Oh, and this week I was told that as it turns out I am not just a bored housewife, I just have a lot of energy. Thanks Cynthia, from The Daily Basics.



Don't forget to check back here on Wednesday, for our first installment of the fun filled The Shiny Pebble Designer Challenge, or:  Please, make this pebble shine again! guest blogger series.

17 comments:

Allie and Pattie said...

That IS so cool! And I happen to like Triscuits- my mom used to buy them forever ago. I just planted some herbs yesterday, but the nursery was out of dill. Hmmm...
xoxo Pattie

Unknown said...

COOL! First off, I love Triscuits, eat them all the time, and had no idea that they were even remotely healthy! (I think I need that Eat this book!) Secondly, that box is so clever...can't wait to see it in my own grocery store! Thanks Shiny!

Herself said...

A real marketing coup! Now, if only they had a coupon included, there'd be a run on Triscuits!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!! Thanks for the info! I love the "eat this, not that" and everyone should try their best to grow some of their own food. It's so rewarding and delicious! You're NOT
a bored housewife...you have passion and energy to spare, and I adore that about you! xo

carissa said...

this really is super cool. go nabisco!!! i must be buying triscuits now.

Pemberley said...

Never knew Triscuit were so good for you! Thanks for the tip.

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

You crack me up! I enjoy skipping down the aisle too.

Cannot wait to see your reveal!

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Love it...skipping to the market to buy some now...can't wait to try the seeds!

Enjoy!
Cathy

Mary Ann said...

that is a wonderful idea from triscuit...that is an attempt to support awareness of staying 'green'...you have a great weekend! maryann

JDB said...

HI! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Aren't quick and easy meals the best!?!?! When I come across something like today's recipe, I love to share it. Stop by now and again and I'll have another for you.

Have a great weekend!

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

You know, I have been eating every cracker known to man as I've had morning sickness for far too long....haven't done triscuits yet but may have to buy a box...I used to love them...and what a great packing idea!

Coryanne Ettiene | Kitchen Living with Coryanne said...

These are my fav, I pop over to the Yankee shop and pay nearly $10 for a box when I feel like a taste of home....yummy! Thanks so much for playing along, loved having you over for the nest hop.

Have a grand weekend.

The Buzz Blog said...

I noticed the new box, too, and thought Nabisco was just using 100% recycled paper. The seeds are very cool - we sent out holiday cards last year than when pnated, grow a butterfly garden. What will the marketing geniuses think of next!

tehlia said...

I am looking for those boxes on my next trip to the store.

Stopping by from the Fab Nest Friday blog hop.

www.rawadventuresarmywife.blogspot.com

Herself said...

Genius! Could it get any better? Salty, crunchy, delish and now seeds too! I love triscuit!

Stacey said...

Oh darn! I had a box of those crackers but didn't read the directions. What a funny way to package the seeds. We love Triscuits. Don't buy the store brand crackers...they taste like cardboard.

Small Burst said...

Ok now I have to go buy a box. Sooo cool.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails