I have been tagged by my dear blog friend, the adorable Housewife Bliss, with the cutest award... I have been crowned a Socialite via The Preppy Mafia. I never heard of this, since I'm fairly new to the blog world, but I am thinking this is what Joni Webb from Cote de Texas calls the "pink and green" ladies, which I guess now puts me in that category?
Anyway, in order to receive my crown I must post this link here:
Also, I have to answer a couple of questions:
1. Who is your style icon? I wish I could say Audrey Hepburn, but my body shape and coloring is more of a Ashley Judd. I don't think I have one. I am self sufficient in that point. Classic with an edge, I'd say.
2. What is your favorite socialite lit book? I actually did read one: Three Black Skirts by Anna Johnson
3. Favorite party theme? I'm not into themes, its more like what am I serving and what are we drinking... What is the season so I can bring nature in.
4. Go to Halloween costume? Tennis is an easy one since I already have the gear.
5. Extravagance you cannot live without? Coffee with cream and lots of sugar. My extravagances are counted in calories, not dollars.
6. Living person you admire? My lovely mother in law, whose grace and strength while fighting cancer would inspire each and everyone of us.
7. Greatest Fear? My family is everything to me. My anxieties are always linked to them.
8. Trait you deplore in yourself? I'm easily distracted by shiny things.
9. Which talent would you most like to have? I'd love to understand "color"
10. Greatest Achievement? My son at the late age of 38. What can I say, I'm a late bloomer.
Attached to my crown is the obligation to pass it on to:
I must admit that if to be part of the Preppy Mafia I have to "kill them with kindness"... I fell short this week of the value of my crown. At first I apologized, but in the end I "poof, be gone"-d the offender. After all, the Preppy Mafia socialite also "keeps the money in the family."
Have a Lovely Weekend Everyone!