Friday, April 2, 2010

A Fun Ending To My Week

I had planned to post today on a nasty run in I had this week in the Blogosphere.  I have been doing some running around and digging in and soul searching...  Well... that will just have to wait.  In honour of Easter, I'm being a good girl and ending my week on an up note.

I have been tagged by my dear blog friend, the adorable Housewife Bliss, with the cutest award...  I have been crowned a Socialite via The Preppy Mafia.  I never heard of this, since I'm fairly new to the blog world, but I am thinking this is what Joni Webb from Cote de Texas calls the "pink and green" ladies, which I guess now puts me in that category?

Anyway, in order to receive my crown I must post this link here:





Preppy Mafia Blog


Also, I have to answer a couple of questions:

1. Who is your style icon? I wish I could say Audrey Hepburn, but my body shape and coloring is more of a Ashley Judd.  I don't think I have one.  I am self sufficient in that point. Classic with an edge, I'd say.

2. What is your favorite socialite lit book? I actually did read one:  Three Black Skirts by Anna Johnson

3. Favorite party theme? I'm not into themes, its more like what am I serving and what are we drinking... What is the season so I can bring nature in.

4. Go to Halloween costume? Tennis is an easy one since I already have the gear.

5. Extravagance you cannot live without? Coffee with cream and lots of sugar.  My extravagances are counted in calories, not dollars.

6. Living person you admire? My lovely mother in law, whose grace and strength while fighting cancer would inspire each and everyone of us.

7. Greatest Fear? My family is everything to me.  My anxieties are always linked to them.

8. Trait you deplore in yourself? I'm easily distracted by shiny things.

9. Which talent would you most like to have? I'd love to understand "color"

10. Greatest Achievement? My son at the late age of 38.  What can I say, I'm a late bloomer.

Attached to my crown is the obligation to pass it on to:
I must admit that if to be part of the Preppy Mafia I have to "kill them with kindness"... I fell short this week of the value of my crown.  At first I apologized, but in the end I "poof, be gone"-d the offender.  After all, the Preppy Mafia socialite also "keeps the money in the family."

Have a Lovely Weekend Everyone!

12 comments:

Christina Elaine said...

I agree no party themes.... Thanks for following and I will keep you updated on the handbag launch..

Have a great weekend.


xxx
CEO

Unknown said...

Hi! Loved reading more about you. And enjoy your sense of humor...you do look like Ashley Judd! Happy Easter!

Pemberley said...

WOW! Thank you!!! I will work on this tonight and do my post for tomorrow. Hubby is taking a red eye to London. Looking foward to girl tv and some quiet time after the kids go down. Would love to email you off line and pick your brain about a few things: Amy@pemberleycollections.com when you get a chance.

Allie and Pattie said...

Well, I love the award-well deserved! But now you know you HAVE to tell us, right? Have a great, blessed holiday!
xoxo Pattie

Anonymous said...

What an honor! I'm truly touched! At first I didn't know if it was a good or bad thing! (like Housewives of NY, etc.!) Whew! Thank you for passing the crown to me! Big Hugs!!

Now, I think I know what you're talking about with the Blogosphere problem, but not sure. If I'm thinking correctly, you did absolutely the perfect thing, and nothing more was needed. You are gracious, kind and have manners - all of us new to this thing make an oops once in awhile...so what? You keep on doing what you're doing, making a beautiful life, and inspiring so many, especially your loyal followers! xo
Have a wonderful, happy Easter!

Jo said...

Why thank you ~ you're so sweet to pass on the crown. It's going to be a little lopsided as I have had little training ;)

Hope you're having a great day ~
Jo

Pauline Wiles said...

Congrats on the award! And 38 is by no means ancient for a baby, not these days!
I'm having a Design Your Own Giveaway and would love to have you enter!

The Shiny Pebble said...

CEO - I am anxious to see your hadbags line

The Zhush - I wish...

Pemberley - sending you an email, but here it is too theshinypebble@gmail.com

Pattie - keep tuning in, my nice girl stretch will wear out soon

Kelly - I totally thought the same thing when I got my award. hehehe . Thanks for the support on the other issue. You are such a sweetheart.

Jo - I've seen your parties. :)

Struggler - I ck'd it out and am keeping my fingers crossed

Unknown said...

Congrats on the award! Email me a pic of your dining table in your new home. We will do a post about it, and discuss what we can do to make it hip!

The Shiny Pebble said...

AB HOME you are super cool.

Coryanne Ettiene | Kitchen Living with Coryanne said...

love your responses darling and so get what you mean by calories! I used to eat anything and everything, now I find that my eyes do the feasting for me.

Bumpkin on a Swing said...

The housewife said I should drop by and give you a little love, 3 black dresses is a favorite of mine.
I love the pots above as well,

The Bumpkin is a big "pothead"!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails