Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Style Muse of the Week - Sandra W. and her house!


Hi everyone, I'm shaking things up a bit at the weekly Personal Style posting.  This week my Muse is Sandra W., with  whom I was lucky enough to share the same neighborhood and often admire her lovely home.  Sandra has a traditional style that cannot be mistaken.  Both herself and her home exude classic lines and she always deffers to good taste and quality.

Crisp and put together is the look that this petite powerhouse has developed through the years.  Sandra is very particular and methodical, and will avoid no expense to get the exact look that she wants.  Every choice is deliberate, and her attention to detail is unmistakeable.  I used to find excuses to go in to her guest bathroom just to admire the choices she had made... from the black granite and cabinetry to the shades on the sconces to the choice of art and crystal for that room and the special lighting on the ceiling.  I also love her extensive limoge and blue and white porcelain collections.


But, since Spring is almost here, and my mind is on backyard projects... I thought these pictures from her beautiful yard would be fun to look at as well:






18 comments:

Silvia C said...

Great house. Wonderful inspiration pictures. ?The front door is fabulous.

Unknown said...

Amazing photos! I love this darling house! I too am such a stickler for manicured landscaping, her's is so lovely and lush! So glad to have found you and your lovely blog (awesome banner btw).

The Shiny Pebble said...

Hi Casa Bella, most homes in Tulsa pay special homage to their front doors. Mine however was just awful! The day I bought the house I made myself a promisse that IT would have to go. But we moved before I did anything to it.

The Shiny Pebble said...

Yes, Zhush, doesn't it look just so perfect and welcoming? That's Sadra to you. :)

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

my goodness, I'd love to have a pond some day. Looks like Spring has already sprung there!

Unknown said...

I totally agree with your comments about Sandra and her home. It's lovely inside and out and so is she! She is my favorite cousin from childhood on. Our mothers were sisters.

The Shiny Pebble said...

Hi Linda, welcome! How fun to hear from a family member. Sandra IS lovely inside and out. Thanks for the comment.

OneCraftyFox said...

Your friend has a lovely home! So inviting :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sandra W. has amazing taste and style! Martha Stewart could learn a thing or two from her!

The Shiny Pebble said...

Hi OneCraftyFox, her home is gorgeous indeed.

Anonymous, don't you know it. :)

Allison said...

beautiful pictures..... you do have a beautiful style

Jeannie said...

This is awesome! I have always thought your home was the most beautiful ever

Marija said...

Oh how I wish my backyard looked half this good. One more thing to add to the ever-expanding to-do list...Marija

The Shiny Pebble said...

Me too, Marija.

OneCraftyFox said...

Thanks so much for the nicey you left on my blog :)

tinypaperheart said...

i love your blog header! it is stunning! :)

The Shiny Pebble said...

Naomi and Tinypaperheart, welcome!

Anonymous said...

The garden pictures are so inspiring!.......just beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails