Friday, February 26, 2010

Allie in Underland?


Hurry... I only have less than a week to come up and produce a good enough bribe to get Mr. Darcy to keep the kid so I can go see the 3-D version of Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland".

I couldn't care less about the storyline or the fact that the heroine is less of a ditz and more of a rebel... yawn!  But I am ready to be enchanted and taken away by the sets, makeup, and wardrobe artistry.

It will be dark and gloomy, but I heard that it won't be gruesome.  Good.  I'm in.  Bring it on...

Mia Wasikowska as Alice

But until then... check out these breathtaking images.  Some of them are even more enjoyable if you click them to see every detail up close. 

Johny Depp as The Mad Hatter
Anne Hathaway as The White Queen
Wow! - click on these two
Tweedledee and Tweedledum played by Matt Lucas (from Little Britain)
Remind me to redo the driveway
Love the dress... I think I noticed several versions of it in the trailer
 Love the layered rugs.
At the risk of aggravating my tennis elbow (thanks Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix!), I might just have to splurge on the $39.99 wii game...

And now... a sneak peek:



I would be remiss if I didn't share this extravagant, and gorgeous bouquet from the Mad Hatter inspired wedding from Veranda.
Fabulous!

And of course, the Fashion World wouldn't let this one pass...

" For autumn 2010, Zac Posen created a pre-collection themed “Lewis Carroll meets Paloma Picasso”, and Donatella Versace cited Alice as inspiration for her spring/summer 2010 range of whimsical pastel gowns. In Paris, the Printemps department store has created a suitably fantastical Alice in Wonderland window display: rabbits made from white roses and books as big as buses form the backdrop, while dresses replicating the fairy-tale world and designed specifically for the store by Christopher Kane, Haider Ackermann and, poignantly, Alexander McQueen, hang on rabbit-faced mannequins."
exerpt from FT.com


Walter Van Beirendonck Fall 2010 Collection


Polyvore has this huge selection, including this goth-lollita Nubia dress for $120 (No, thank you)


 
Go ck out their official blog here for more inspiration.
 
How about this kooky sold out $1,395 ring from Browns Fashion

Stella McCartney limited edition for Disney

and how cute is this from flowersnbutterflies at Etsy

Urban Decay Book of Shadows - I don't think these are available yet...

OPI's new Alice in Wonderland line: Off with Her Red! , Absolutely Alice, Mad as a Hatter, Thanks Very Muchness!


Lots to think about... Have a great weekend, y'all!

3 comments:

Minna Mercke Schmidt said...

Hello and thank you so much for your kind words on my blog. Just a quick note to tell you it's perfectly ok to borrow my images, as long as you'll mention where they come from. Have a wonderful weekend! Minna :)

Katarina said...

LOVE it!!!Thank you so much for featuring my etsy shop!!!And can't wait to watch the film!!!xoxxo, Katarina

Decor To Adore said...

So, you like a bit of whimsy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails