Monday, March 29, 2010

MAC's Look In a Box Duty Free Only

In 2009 MAC came out with the idea of putting together a version of their "Look in a Box" set and sell it only at Duty Free shops throughout the world.  Apparently, this little marketing trick worked out nicely for them since this year they are at it again.  There are three new, limited time, and exclusive to Duty Free Shop looks put together for you in a tidy little box.  From the brushes to the liners... everything is right there.



Say you are in the mood to show up in France next month sporting a Goth look... fear not.  Pick yourself the Gothete box and you are there! If Goth doesn't do it for you, try the "Indie Girl" or the "Goldie Rocks" sets.  Pretty cute idea, if you ask me.  But I'm still baffled as to why they would limit their exposure to the very small number of international travellers.


You can still find a "Look in a Box" set at the MAC  counter of Bloomingdale's, but these particular sets are exclusive to the duty free shops and available through the Summer months only.  I guess one can always go to the MAC counter and have them emulate the contents of the sets for you... for a price cosiderably lower than a plane ticket's!

16 comments:

Allie and Pattie said...

Interesting- I didn't know about that. I agree it seems a strange marketing technique..
xoxo Pattie

The Shiny Pebble said...

Right? But I guess it is all about the hype.

Splenderosa said...

You know how hideous a layover in airports can be. I think this is exactly what a girl needs without pushing through her carryon to find her own makeup. Quick as a flash you're done and beautiful.
Marsha

My Galveston Cottage said...

I gotta get me some of this...I want! So perfect to tuck in my bag when I travel back and forth (tx to co, and co to tx). And I like the brand. Hope they broad the base....cheers, -susan

The Shiny Pebble said...

Marsha, you are right about that one. Specially if FANTABULOUS is the look you are going for. :D
Thakns for stopping by today.

The Shiny Pebble said...

Also, if you wrote me a comment today and it did not get published, don't be offended. Me and my computer have traded some serious love/hate punches today. When the dust had finally settled I was left holding a couple of pieces of rubber, plastic, and wire that I am sure will be missed sometime...

The Shiny Pebble said...

Susan, I think MAC is a fantastic brand as well. Maybe next time you had over to Australia? I'm planning a trip to Brazil this summer and might just have to stop by they duty free shop then.

savvycityfarmer said...

I was just thinking of heading to the chanel counter at macy's ( it's right on my way to work ... darn)

The Shiny Pebble said...

If you do, ck out if their nail polish line up for the summer is out yet. I am having a giveaway. check out the link right bellow my blog's header.

The Shiny Pebble said...

If you do, ck out if their nail polish line up for the summer is out yet. I am having a giveaway. check out the link right bellow my blog's header.

Anonymous said...

...or stop in at the airport to pick one up. :) Here's your excuse to travel. :)

The Shiny Pebble said...

Overseas at that, Coleen.

Marija said...

I've never been much of a MAC girl but this could change my mind. I am such a sucker for travel-sized anything! Marija

Coryanne Ettiene | Kitchen Living with Coryanne said...

as luck would have it I will be in a duty free zone soon...plenty of shopping time to pick one up.

The Shiny Pebble said...

Hi Marija, you are such a doll for stopping by. I need your expertise on my most recent post. :)

The Shiny Pebble said...

HI Housewife, oh those long international overlays... yet another opportunity to part with your money.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails